General Statement of Duties
This position is responsible for senior financial accounting tasks including preparing external financial reporting, including filings with regulatory agencies, as well as preparing monthly financial reporting and account reconciliations and year-end audited financial statements for YCCO. This position also oversees accounting support staff and all facets related to accounts payable and accounts receivable with proper controls. Additional accountabilities include reviewing tax returns, estimating IBNR and ensuring compliance with all other regulatory financial reporting requirements.
Essential Position Functions
- Prepare general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Supervise and train accounts payable staff.
- Perform review and analysis of various financial reports.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports.
- Prepare financial reports and statements as required by various regulatory agencies, including the Oregon Health Authority, the Oregon Insurance Division and the IRS.
- Prepare year end audited financial statements of YCCO.
- Apply advanced knowledge of GAAP, statutory accounting and applicable laws and regulations to ensure financial reporting and filings are prepared in accordance with the necessary guidance and requirements.
- Interface with outside auditors to assist in the year-end audit and finalize the year-end audited financial statements.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Provides policy recommendations to the head of finance.
Management and Leadership
- Train, supervise and evaluate performance of assigned staff.
- Provide staff with the training, mentoring and resources necessary to carry out their work.
- Ensure adherence to department and organizational standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure performance goals, expectations and standards are clearly understood by supervised staff.
- Evaluate employees’ performance on an ongoing basis and take appropriate corrective action if needed.
- Perform human resource functions in collaboration with Human Resources.
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
- Adherence to established internal control procedures for all accounting functions
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork
- Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities
- Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals
- Perform other duties as needed
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Advanced MicroSoft Excel and data analysis skills
- Ability to quickly learn the organization’s accounting and corporate software tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- People leadership skills, including the ability to effectively coach and oversee staff work
- Ability to assist other employees and representatives of entities served, including executives, directors and third-party stakeholders such as auditors and actuaries.
- Ability to anticipate, prepare for, and meet deadlines
- Ability to independently act as a problem solver
- Ability to work well with all levels of management
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible accounting experience demonstrating the ability to work with complex financial statements and financial information with limited supervision and/or assistance. MBA, CPA, and/or healthcare industry experience are preferred. Supervisory experience also preferred.
Physical exertion is minimal; however, the position requires abilities for prolonged periods of sitting and computer work and the manual dexterity to operate office equipment. As an exempt position the working hours vary. The role may require conference calls and/or webhosted remote meetings. The person in this position will be expected to possess a high degree of initiative and motivation along with the ability to effectively support and collaborate with others to achieve business objectives.
Personal computer, calculator, telephone, fax machine, copier, and other standard and cloud-based office equipment for recording, storing, and presenting information.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Veterans welcome to apply
To apply, go to http://www.yamhillcco.org/about-us/careers?.