Leader in their industry producing high quality steel products produced from recycled scrap metal. This company prides themselves in the quality of their products, competitive pricing and exceptional customer service makes them a global leader in the metals recycling industry that has been in business for over a century. As a subsidiary and part of their parent company's vertical integration, they purchase all of the processed scrap metal they use through a Metals Recycling Business. Being part of a Fortune 1000 company has enabled them to grow stronger and introduce cost efficiencies and state-of-the art environmental controls into our operations. This company is looking for a Quality Technician for their Lab Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain and prepare intermediate product samples for internal quality inspection.
- Work with supervision to design procedures for inspection
- Maintain database of records of all inspected samples
- Inspect intermediate and final product for surface defects according to present standards
- Follow procedures for recording and tracking effective pieces – certain defects may require hand grinding or other repair processes
- Advise supervision of product measurement, inspection and testing activities in means to ensure quality control and reliability
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility
- Work safely with chemicals such as acids in an industrial laboratory setting
- Write technical reports with supporting data in the form of tables and graphs, drawing appropriate conclusions and recommendations
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree coursework in a technical or industrial field preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Mechanical or chemical laboratory experience a plus
- Knowledge of equipment, technologies, terminology and practices related to steelmaking, hot rolling and steel processing
- Ability to operate the tools, equipment, hardware and software necessary to perform the duties of this position. This includes working knowledge of and ability to effectively use hand tolls, power tools, mobile equipment, laboratory chemicals, various instrumentation and Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess strong communications skills, both written and oral, and ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff to address questions and/or provide training when necessary.
- Climbing:Frequently.Ascending or descending stairs on a daily basis.
- Stooping/Kneeling/Crouching:Frequently.When needing to access supplies or equipment or to work on systems or software.
- Standing/Walking:Frequently.On a daily basis, within office building, as well as outside or within manufacturing plant.
- Reaching:Frequently.To retrieve supplies, equipment or files/paperwork as well as to design or install new equipment.
- Pushing/Pulling/Lifting:Frequently.To access processes within plant environment.
- Grasping:Continually.To move or access supplies or equipment, to write, or to operate hand or power tools.
- Repetitive Motions of the hands/wrists/fingers:Occasionally. To perform office duties such as keyboarding, 10-key, telephone dialing, filing of documentation or operations of copier/fax machine.
- Sitting:Frequently.Some job duties can be performed while sitting.
Use of Senses:
- Talking in Person/By Telephone or Two Way Radio:Continually.To communicate with co-workers or supervisors to gather information or to give direction.
- $20-$25 per hour DOE
Benefits of working with Express:
- Medical benefits
- Safety incentives
- Scholarship opportunities
To be considered for this opportunity please call us today at 503-434-5128, email us at email@example.com or apply online www.expresspros.com
Like us on Facebook for news, job openings and more!