Budget & Forecast Analyst
General Statement of Duties
This position is responsible for developing budgets and financial forecasts for YCCO, preparing financial projections for new strategic ventures, and providing strategic financial planning support for YCCO executive leadership.
Essential Position Functions
- Develop and revise budgets in alignment with organizational financial plans and decisions.
- Prepare the complete budget package, providing recommendations to financial management.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure approved budgets are loaded into the organization’s software.
- Analyze and document variances from the medical, administrative, grants, and capital budgets.
- Prepare periodic financial forecasts and provide and/or present financial scenarios throughout the year.
- Develop financial projections for new ventures.
- Provide financial planning support to the head of finance, as well as executive management
- Provide guidance to managers regarding budgeting policies, processes, and timelines
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
- Adherence to all policies and procedures
- Propose and implement process improvements
- Meet deadlines for completion of workload
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork
- Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities
- Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Understanding of medical costs and trends
- Excellent financial planning and budgeting skills
- Advanced spreadsheet and data analysis skills
- Proficient in business intelligence and accounting software platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to complete work by agreed upon deadlines
- Ability to problem solve, analyze and provide written documentation of analysis
- Ability to communicate project status and issues to managers in timely manner
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance and a minimum of three (3) years of direct or related work experience. MBA, CPA, and/or healthcare industry experience are preferred.
Physical exertion is minimal; however, the position requires abilities for prolonged periods of sitting and computer work and the manual dexterity to operate office equipment. As an exempt position the working hours vary. The role may require conference calls and/or webhosted remote meetings. The person in this position will be expected to possess a high degree of initiative and motivation along with the ability to effectively support and collaborate with others to achieve business objectives.
Personal computer, calculator, telephone, fax machine, copier, and other standard and cloud-based office equipment for recording, storing, and presenting information.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Veterans welcome to apply
To apply, visit http://www.yamhillcco.org/about-us/careers.