Member Engagement Supervisor
General Statement of Duties
The Member Engagement Supervisor for Yamhill Community Care Organization (Yamhill CCO) supervises all aspects of the Community Health Hub, providing engagement and coordination at the individual, community and health plan levels. This position also aligns member engagement activities with healthcare transformation, strategic and early learning goals. Additionally, this position is responsible for assigning and coordinating tasks, reviewing and monitoring work, and providing day-to-day direction to Community Health staff, including arranging training specific to the CHW position, such as Patient Activation Measures, Certified Health Worker training, and self-management courses for chronic conditions
Essential Position Functions
Member Engagement Administration
- Support coordinated referral processes, including monitoring, evaluating and reporting on implementation multi-agency referral and home visiting systems
- Protect clients and reduce Yamhill CCO risk by modeling and following policies, regulations and requirements of program and Yamhill CCO. Provide documentation as set forth by Federal, State, funding regulations, and Agency policy. Serve as a Mandatory Reporter of suspected abuse of vulnerable populations according as required by policy and regulation. Maintain and share information according to privacy regulations
- Monitor ER and hospital utilization reports for Yamhill CCO members
Member Identification and Engagement
- Work with the community, partner agencies and providers to identify high risk patients that need care coordination and/or outreach
- Utilize expertise gained through training and experience to assist with identification and selection of high-risk project participants by: Working with the Community Health Workers (CHWs), Medical Director, Director of Operations and Integration and other care team members to identify project participants according to project standards and expectations
- Advocate for project participants by establishing a trusting relationship with participants through regular contact; serving on the Multi-Disciplinary Team that develops and coordinates care, services and coaching plans; consulting with other professionals on participant’s behalf in the areas of mental and behavioral health, Pharmacists, Primary Care, etc.; providing a bridge between these providers and the participant, including locating providers to serve member, arranging appointments and following up to ensure linkage with service occurred. Assisting providers by supporting treatment plans when working with patients and sharing critical patient information and progress on plans.
- Work with the members, care team participants and Community Health Workers to monitor participant’s health conditions by: reviewing specific health records to identify opportunities to improve condition(s) and to prevent worsening of conditions; making recommendations to participant on preventative and follow-up care; and educating participants on condition(s) and risk, including when condition(s) are worsening; listening and considering participant and Community Health Worker feedback about progress
- Facilitate community confidence in Yamhill CCO programs and services by embracing and exhibiting the Vision and Mission of Yamhill CCO. Provide excellent customer service, meet the needs of clients, follow through, meet deadlines, interact with clients in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and maintain skills and knowledge to perform duties.
Communication and Education
- Promote collaborative communication among home visiting service providers.
- Promote person centered services by educating self and others of Yamhill CCO programs and services and other resources available for populations served. Consult with colleagues and community partners; provide electronic and written materials about resources and current issues and trends
- Build relationships with community partners and participate in networking
Management and Leadership
- Train, supervise and evaluate performance of assigned staff
- Provide staff with the training, mentoring and resources necessary to carry out their work
- Ensure adherence to department and organizational standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure performance goals, expectations and standards are clearly understood by supervised staff
- Evaluate employees’ performance on an ongoing basis and take appropriate corrective action if needed
- Perform human resource functions in collaboration with Human Resources
- Monitor staff productivity, quality and work distribution
- Provide technical guidance to staff on health issues, particularly in relation to chronic conditions and preventative care
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to supervise a team, including monitoring quality and work distribution, as well as training and mentoring staff
- Ability to use good judgment, takes personal initiative and uses discretion in performing job responsibilities
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting
- Skill in spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to make observations concerning patients’ general health conditions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a care team
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels of colleagues and the general public
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to provide and ensure excellent customer service in a professional manner and exhibit good decision making, problem solving and to meet quality standards in accuracy, timeliness while exhibiting good work habits
- Ability to follow policy and procedure while working independently and to seek and offer assistance when needed
- Ability to exhibit and integrate technology skills related to the work needing to be done, (word processing, database, internet research, mail, IM, phones, copiers, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.) and exhibit a positive attitude towards clients, co-workers and others
- Knowledge of and experience working with individuals with chronic conditions, including an understanding of issues that may prevent access or use of available services. Ability to help develop a plan to address these issues
- Experience and knowledge of preventative care, ability to communicate, educate and help motivate others of conditions, risks, and prevention. Ability to review health records, consult with others to assist in assessing current issues being experience by clients and translate to plan of action
- Ability to work well with others, to hear and understand differing points of view, and to be able to articulate and explain situations based on perspective of client.
- Ability to use various assessment instruments; ability to relate to issues experienced by participants
- Knowledge of rules regarding mandatory reporting
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 3 years related experience required, including support for members with chronic conditions and staff or project leadership. Bachelor’s degree in Health Care, Business, or related field preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license, as well as a vehicle and appropriate insurance coverage for local, job-related travel.
This individual will experience a high volume of in person and telephone patient interactions, and continual use of computer programs to either obtain or record information and may frequently use repetitive hand motion, stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 25 pounds. Equipment includes computer, office phone, copier, and other standard office equipment for recording, storing, and presenting information. This individual will be expected to possess a high degree of initiative and motivation along with the ability to effectively collaborate and plan with coworkers and others. This job requires flexibility in hours and days work, requiring some evening and weekend work, and being on call.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Veterans welcome to apply.
To apply, visit http://www.yamhillcco.org/about-us/careers.