Primary Care Innovation Specialist
General Statement of Duties
This position provides leadership in technical assistance, coaching, and training to member clinics in areas related to the primary care medical home development (Patient and Population Centered Primary Care) across the network and non-network providers. This position will spend time teaching and facilitating collaborative meetings, provid on-site supporting member clinic leadership and care teams, and support implementation and improving areas related to PCPCH certification, leadership, data systems, team based care, access, and care management in order to improve Triple Aim outcomes in Primary Care. This requires a high degree of collaboration and influence with multiple external agencies and coordination with external clinical and operational leadership.
Essential Position Functions
- Oversee and manage a variety of projects related to Primary Care Medical Home development involving multiple community groups
- Provide on-going on-site support to clinical and operational leadership teams and staff of in-network and non-network clinics in the areas of Primary Care Medical Home development (leadership, data systems, team based care, clinic support systems, and care management).
- Design and lead collaborative meetings of Primary Care Medical Home learning cohorts involving high level leadership teams of external agencies as a trainer and facilitator
- Provide strategic direction by developing, defining, and conceptualizing new joint ventures among the Primary Care, CCO, and Payer networks that will ultimately result in innovative or more effective services
- Is the designated spokesperson/subject matter expert on the PCPCH/PC3 program
- Assist in the development and support of local resources to enhance service through a train-the-trainer programs
- Lead member clinic teams through improvement projects and team-building activities as needed. Be able to train clinic leadership teams to provide these services to their staff.
- Assist clinics in planning and reporting to receive payment for PCPCH certification and other alternative payment methodologies
- Provide technical assistance to participating member clinics on development of actionable data reports and applied use of reports within their settings (both visual management and electronic based systems)
- Compile assessment information and create work or project plans, prepare formal written reports and author/submit grant reports
- Assist in analyzing and evaluating multiple projects within the Primary Care Medical Home program in order to identify opportunities for programmatic improvement; create recommendations regarding improvements in operations
- Provide program status reports to the leadership team
- Collaborate with others within the organization and external to the organization to ensure the coordination of development and planning efforts between multiple external community agencies and internal departments.
- Participate in creating and implementing evaluation tools for key process and outcome measures
- Apply appropriate improvement tools and technology essential to meeting project goals and communicates with other departments as directed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to influence and effectively coach medical and operational leadership and clinical teams of community groups that have distinct charters, missions, and goals
- Thorough and applied knowledge and experience in areas related to the primary care medical home
- Applied knowledge and experience with clinic operations and charting systems (eg. EHR)
- Applied knowledge and experience with quality improvement tools and techniques in health care or related setting including quality measurement and improvement methods
- Effective skills in facilitating teams/groups, organization dynamics, and consensus building
- Ability to operate with a high level of independence and autonomy and play a critical role in assisting in the development of program goals, strategies, and policies within clinics or with regional partners
- Ability to gain cooperation and support through discussion and persuasion
- Ability to effectively analyze program goals and objectives to determine improved outcomes and take appropriate action; identify program deficiencies or delivery problems, and develop corrective action strategies in support of goals
- Ability to provide functional and technical input both inside and outside the organization to meet program goals, objectives, and outcomes
- Ability to represent the organization in public and private meetings and other gatherings related to areas of specialty
- Advanced computer application skills including with MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook with proficiency using Power Point, Access, Visio and internet browsers/search functions
- Demonstrated strength in the areas of critical analysis, quantitative reasoning, and creative problem-solving skill
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks from multiple sources
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including report writing
- Ability to work independently and make decisions appropriate to the situation in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in a community (internal and external) with diverse individuals and groups to maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with department management team, internal and external customers
- Ability to troubleshoot with clinical staff on how build and pull data reports
- Ability to provide support for providers/clinic staff regarding documentation, workflows, and dot phrases or templates to improve efficiencies
- Professional behavior and work ethic
- Ability to grow and apply continuous improvement concepts
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 4 years’ related experience, including areas such as direct patient care, primary care improvement, quality improvement, process improvement, research, coaching, practice facilitation, and training
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a primary care setting
- Experience with a variety of common electronic medical records (e.g., EPIC, Athena, NextGen, Cerner, Centricity, eClinicalWorks, AllScripts, e-MDs, Practice Fusion)
- Clinical certification helpful (e.g., CMA, LPN, etc.)
The position interacts with a variety of internal and external customers which requires good judgment, personal initiative, motivation, a high degree of integrity and a professional attitude while performing assignments that may be confidential and sensitive in nature. May be assigned projects with short timelines requiring flexibility and creative problem-solving skills to assure that timelines are met. May be required to adjust work schedule as needed and may experience frequent work assignment and/or process changes. Working conditions include normal office work, typing and sitting for long periods at a desk or while attending meetings.
Personal computer and other standard office equipment for recording, storing, and presenting information.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Veterans welcome to apply
Apply online at http://yamhillcco.org/about-us/careers