Butter Line/Dryer Operator
The Butter Line/Dryer Operator is responsible for the production and packaging of butter and dried milk powder. This is a safety sensitive role. Must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts, days or nights, including overtime, weekend and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate case packer equipment.
- Operate the microfix, butter packaging equipment and bulk filler, as assigned.
- Operate the dryer and filler, as assigned.
- Hand pack cases, as needed.
- Assist with palletizing and shrink wrapping pallets to prepare for shipping.
- Assist with recording weights, start time, down time, pounds produced, and pallets produced.
- Perform daily assembly and cleaning, swabbing, and sanitizing of butter packager and dryer.
- Follow and comply with applicable good manufacturing, safety and quality assurance practices.
- Perform tear down and sanitation of butter packager, printer, case packer, microfix, trolley, butter boat, churn, and any other specific butter room equipment to assure equipment and room is sanitary and fully operational prior to start of production.
- General housekeeping, cleaning, and sanitizing all other areas and equipment.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with general plant cleaning as needed.
- Assist with routine maintenance such as greasing, oiling, and making minor adjustments of butter packaging, microfix, bulk filler, dryer and case packer equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of machine operations.
- Understanding of good manufacturing practices.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication skills; ability to follow instructions and to clearly express ideas in a concise and professional manner.
- Ability to work with required sanitation chemicals.
- Ability to frequently lift/carry up to 60 pounds, occasionally lift up to 80 pounds with assistance, ability to push/pull up to 2,500 pounds using material handling equipment.
- Ability to stand of extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bent, twist/turn, reach above shoulders, and climb throughout the shift as needed
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedules