At MEDP, we work collaboratively with local businesses, connecting them with resources to help accomplish their goals, and show prospective companies the opportunities for growth and prosperity in our community. Whether they are a startup, growing their organization to the next level, or an enterprise looking to relocate – MEDP is available to help! Our staff works personally with each business owner and their employees helping them to solve a problem, make a connection, access relevant data and other resources they may need. We are dedicated to introducing others to everything McMinnville has to offer and helping our community thrive.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Executive Director, you will provide organizational leadership, and establish and implement strategies in support of MEDP’s goals and objectives. This position plays a key role in MEDP’s mission to advance strategies that respond to the needs of McMinnville's traded-sector businesses. You will work on programs to effectively promote community economic development initiatives, facilitate, communicate, and negotiate with various partners and prospects, support our local business community, and perform a variety of administrative functions for MEDP.
The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated, community advocate, who understands business development, has strong interpersonal communication and people skills, has a passion for leadership, and proven management, planning and organizational skills.
Before applying, please read the Executive Director job description to learn about the duties and responsibilities as well as the qualifications for the position.
Benefits include: Competitive salary; 13 paid holidays; accrued vacation and sick leave; medical and dental insurance; IRA match; life and disability insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to: Marci Humlie at firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone calls please. The position will be open until filled, with the first review of applications starting May 21, 2021.
In order to be considered for the selection process, applicants must have the following:
- At least two years experience in economic development, public relations, community development, or business management.
- Bachelor's Degree, with a preference in Marketing, Business, Community Development, Public Relations, Public Administration, or a closely related discipline.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Professional Certifications in Economic Development are encouraged but not required.
- Driver’s license valid in Oregon.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside of and beyond standard workweek hours.
- Ability to delegate tasks and rely on the strengths of staff members and community partners.
- Reside in, or willing to relocate to McMinnville is desired, but not required.